The bad news first - McKenzie and I were in a minor car accident today. It was near our house with one other car and neither of us were going very fast. We are both ok and I also got checked out to make sure the baby was ok.
So that's the good news - we are all ok and I got to see the baby again on ultrasound. I am 11w6d, but the baby was measuring a week ahead. I won't be changing my due date however because at my 2 previous ultrasounds with this pregnancy everything was measuring exactly for my current due date. I guess we'll wait and see what happens at my next ultrasound which probably won't be until March.
The baby's heartbeat was good - in the 150's and he/she was very active and moving those little arms and legs around. I guess a few weeks from now when I can feel "it" I'll be feeling it move a lot (which I won't mind because then I will know everything is fine in between doctors appointments). The baby is probably around 2-3 inches and it is just amazing to see all the body parts even though it's so small - fingers, toes, arms, legs, elbows, knees, face etc. The ultrasound tech let me keep a few pictures even though they aren't supposed to when you go to the ER. She also tried to get a gender shot, but the baby wasn't agreeing and it is still pretty early to be able to tell. This ultrasound was really great (except for the circumstances) because my other 2 ultrasounds with this pregnancy were at 6 and 7 weeks and the baby was barely visible in the first and looked like a jellybean in the second. So this is the first one that I could see details with and where it actually looked like a baby. So here are the pics - they are a funky brown color because I took pictures of the actual ones with my camera's flash off so there wouldn't be a glare.
Here's the best one - full body shot
(it was even clearer in person, but the picture came out a little blurry, especially the face)
The next 2 show the head to the upper left with a hand on the face.
And here are the little legs kicking away
Thank you everyone for your prayers with this pregnancy!







1 comments:
OMG! it's just amazing to see the little arms and legs and he/she still being so teeny tiny! So glad everyone is ok. . .
((HUGS)) Ellen
Post a Comment