Thursday, April 29, 2010

San Antonio Zoo

Well, I haven't figured out how to upload the other ride videos from the Strawberry Festival yet. I feel like it would be really easy, but for some reason I haven't figured it out. They were taken with Mike's phone so that is why I'm not sure how to upload them to the blog. I'll keep trying and maybe eventually I'll get it.

The last 10 days or so have been very busy! Mike's parents flew in from Florida on the 16th. Poppa was here until the 20th, and Mom-Mom stayed until the 27th. We had a lot of fun, but the days were very busy, so I'm finally getting time to upload all the pictures now. And believe me, there are a bunch!

We were supposed to go to the Oyster Bake on the 17th for Fiesta, but it was pouring down rain! Then McKenzie got sick. She was so pathetic, throwing up, laying around on the couch and floor, and sleeping ALL day. Luckily it only lasted about 24 hours and she was feeling better.

So, on Monday the 19th, we went to the San Antonio Zoo. This was Michael and Daddy's first time at the SA zoo.

First animal...a jaguar.

Then the hippos! I love this exhibit because you can get so close to them!
Poppa taking a closer look.

Michael checking him out too!

We didn't even realize there were 2 of them here until the one started to move away!

Michael enjoyed looking in at the fish too.

McKenzie was excited to see the elephant

Then we saw the giraffe (it's a shame they only had one giraffe, and one elephant) and the rhinos (they had a bunch of them) and the cheetah.

Then we fed the Lorys! They attacked Mike when we went in.

McKenzie helping feed them.

I think this one was checking out the camera.

Mom-Mom and Daddy feeding them.

Mom-Mom has 3 of them!

This one was trying to eat Mom-Mom's shiny earrings!

Michael and Mom-Mom enjoying the zoo.

McKenzie holding her first caterpillar that Mommy found on a sign.

McKenzie "talking" with the crane.

Mom-Mom and Poppa with their grandchildren (McKenzie,3 & Michael, 8mo.)

Our family at the zoo

Michael snuggling up to Poppa before he took a nap.

Mom-Mom and McKenzie on the lillypads at the children's zoo.

Eww! Touching the milipede!

Crawling around in the children's zoo.

Hmm, this says she is 3 feet tall! I guess I'll have to measure her to see if she really grew that much!You can barely see her look out of the bubble at the praire dogs.

Fishing at the zoo.

She caught one!

Sitting on the little bench with her baby brother.

We had a lot of fun watching this mommy and baby monkey! He was so cute!







Well, I told you there were a lot of pictures! And that was just one day and I didn't upload all of them! It took me almost 1.5 hours to upload just this one post! And that is with Michael napping and McKenzie watching Mickey Mouse! So that is why it takes me so long to update the blog! Hope you all enjoy! I'll try to post more from the last week or so of fun!

0 comments: