Thursday, May 1, 2008

McKenzie uses a spoon

In the past 2 days McKenzie has started taking steps again. Two weeks ago she took up to 5 steps by herself, but since then nothing. Then on Tuesday she tried it again and has gotten up to 7 wobbly steps. She also is starting to stand more on her own and even letting go of things to try it by herself.

Last night while I was making dinner, she started to meltdown. So, since I was making spaghetti anyways and she would go right from her highchair to the bath, I decided to let her try to feed herself cottage cheese with a spoon.
This was the first picture - when I gave her the spoon with cottage cheese already on it.

A few minutes later this was it... while I was making dinner of course she used her fingers. So I gave her another spoonful.
Then she tried it herself.
Finally she decided to try to "drink" it. I guess she's not quite ready for the spoon. I didn't really think she was, just trying to give her the opportunity and keep her busy so I could make dinner. It was hilarious!

0 comments: