Well, we've been back from vacation for a week now, but I have been sick so I am just now feeling like updating the blog. Hoping I stay well, I hate being sick!!!
While in Maryland we visited some more family. This is Blake, he is 4 months old and the same weight as Michael at 10 months!

Here are all the cousins - McKenzie (3), Michael (10m), Lauren (5), Blake (4m), and Sarah (8).

The next day, the kids and I, along with Arabella, Aunt Marcia, Kayla, and Grandpa, went to Ocean City, MD for the day. It was a great day, great weather, and great memories. This was the first time for Michael and Kayla being at Ocean City. I think it was Kayla's first time at any beach, but Michael had been to the beach in Florida when he was 3 months old. Arabella, living in Puerto Rico, has of course been to the beaches there a million times, but this was her first time at OC too. McKenzie has been to OC 2 times that I can remember, her first Memorial Day weekend, at 5 months old, and her 2nd Memorial Day weekend, at 17 months. That was the last time she was there, she had just started to walk a few days before we went and I remember she wanted to walk on the boardwalk instead of being carried. She has been to a few other beaches since then, in Florida last November and Corpus Christi in April, but not playing in the sand and water, just for a quick stop. So anyway, we went to the beach and the 4 cousins (and all of us) had a great day!

We had to get all our favorites...Thrasher's fries, Love's shaved ice, ice cream cones, and Bull on the Beach! Yum!


We also had their pictures done at the Old Time photo place.
(these turned out smaller because I took them with my phone)


The next day we went to see McKenzie's favorite singer...Kidsinger Jim. We have his CD and McKenzie LOVES listening to it. She knows all the songs, all the words, and what order they come in on the cd. Kidsinger Jim plays locally and we usually see him at the Annapolis Mall, but this trip we weren't going to be in town when he was there, so we went to see him near our old house in Virginia and then had some yummy Tony's Pizza before heading back to Grandma and Grandpa's. McKenzie got to request a bunch of songs, and I think he was really impressed that we came all the way from San Antonio to see him. Michael even wore his "I eat my veggies" dinosaur shirt in honor of his song "Eat your Veggies."

Arabella and McKenzie dancing

Michael danced with McKenzie too

A few days later, Marcia and I took all 4 kids to Chuck E Cheese. Again this was Kayla and Michael's first time.

The 3 of them weren't too sure of these moving characters!
Well, that's pretty much all of our trip to MD. Tomorrow (or sometime soon) I'll try to post the pictures from Illinois, we flew there from Maryland to visit more of my family and the kids' great grandparents. But a few last pictures...
I made this bandana dress for McKenzie. It is made out of 2 bandanas and some ribbon. Very easy! I have no sewing skills, but this was just so easy!

The next day, I went and got some zebra print bandanas and made a dress for McKenzie and a top for Arabella to match.

Also, McKenzie has been doing better drawings, so I had to share these...her smiley face, and her first stick person.

0 comments:
Post a Comment