Tuesday, August 24, 2010

1st day of preschool!!

Today McKenzie started preschool! She is going 2 mornings a week at the church we have been going to here in San Antonio. She has been super excited, but this is the first time she has been left with anyone except family since she came home from the NICU, so I wasn't exactly sure how it would go. We both did surprisingly well with it!  I didn't even get to kiss her good-bye, she was busy with her teacher and classmates at circle time, so when I finally got her attention, I just waved and blew her kisses good-bye. She seemed fine with it. I knew she was excited, but you just never know what kind of mood she will be in. I'm so glad she did so well! So now, after running an errand with Michael, he's taking a nap and I am enjoying updating facebook and the blog while watching The View and eating Candy Kitchen taffy (thanks Mom-Mom and Poppa). Here are a bunch of pictures of her 1st day!
She was really excited about her snack bag
With her school bag, it was really heavy with all her school supplies inside.

In her classroom
Meeting the rest of her class on the picnic tables. Her teacher (Ms. Diana), Lily, Court, Salome, and Abigail.
listening to the teacher
Carrying her big heavy bag to the line
Lined up
Ms. Diana helping her find the hook with her name.
Doing a finger play. There are 10 kids in her class (2 weren't in the picture yet).
Raising her hand and saying "here" when the teacher called her name.
Some pictures of her classroom
 

 

Playing a bubble game - McKenzie, Ms. Diana, Lily, Court, Abigail N., Mateo, Salome, Luke, Abigail G. (Austin & Bailey were outside the circle)
 I'm so proud of her!! I can't wait to pick her up and hear all about her day! What a big girl!

3 comments:

Jillian said...

Awwwww how adorable. I am so happy she did well. I can;'t believe how much she is growing!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, How cute she is!!!!!!
I love seeing your blog, my grandkids are past all that and I enjoy watching Liz's gang. Irene

Jennifer said...

M said she wants to go to Texas to go to school with McKenzie. I guess she's ready for school, huh? Ha!