A few weeks ago we went to a cupcake shop close by and this is what we got...
I had to get 6, there were just too many that looked so good! Peanut butter/chocolate, red velvet, lemon, chocolate with chocolate filling, chocolate raspberry, and s'mores! Yum! We cut them into fourths and McKenzie and I tried them all. They were all great, but I think the red velvet and lemon were my favorite. McKenzie's favorite was the chocolate one with the pink on top. Then we took them to the pool the next day to share so I wouldn't end up eating them all!
I found another cupcake place here in San Antonio that is downtown. Today they were giving free mini cupcakes out to try their new fall flavors and vote for your favorite. Free cupcakes...we were going! So here they are...
Now for the descriptions...these are celebrating back to school...
The Class Clown - tutti frutti cake topped with vanilla buttercream and Trix cereal
The Prom Queen - light angel food cake topped with prom dress turquoise frosting and shimmer sprinkles (it had a red/strawberry filling too)
The Bully - chocolate chunk and walnut cake filled with marshmallow fluff and spiky chocolate buttercream
The Nerd - grape cake filled with grape jam, topped with purple grape frosting and Nerds candy
The Jock - banana cake topped with peanut butter frosting and bacon crumbles
Teacher's Pet - moist apple cake topped with cinnamon whipped cream
I know those are some crazy flavors, could be right out of one of my new shows, Cupcake Wars. So McKenzie and I tried each one and I think for both of us it was a hands down winner. We both liked The Bully the best. It was the chocolate/walnut one. I took a bite, gave her a bite, then tried to distract her with another flavor so I could eat the rest of that one, but she said no, she wanted the chocolate one. So we split what was left of it. Then we bought 2 mini Ruby Slipper cupcakes to go - red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and topped with a signature chocolate and red sugar covered cherry!
Some of the flavors were pretty crazy, but it was fun. I would like to go back someday when they have some of their other flavors out. They have 65 flavors (!) that they rotate through! Some include almond joy, banana butterscotch, banana split, big red, carmel apple, creamsicle, es-pres-yo-self, Jessica Rabbit, key lime pie, la margarita, Mary Poppinseed, PB&J, and white chocolate macadamia nut!








2 comments:
I am jealous!!! I love cupcakes. Tonight is my dads birthday, I made a cake, it is not nearly as pretty lol.
Happy Birthday to him! Have fun!
Post a Comment