Today Michael had his 9 month check up. He is doing fine, does need to practice standing some more though to strengthen his legs. He weighed 16 pounds 4 ounces, which I figured he was somewhere around 16 pounds. The doctor isn't worried though because it runs in the family. His length was 27 3/8", short just like the rest of us. So I looked at my baby book and McKenzie's when I got home. I don't like to "compare" but it is interesting to see how we all "stacked up" at the same age.
Well we all know McKenzie's situation was a little different being a preemie, but at her 9 month appointment she was only 13 pounds, 3 ounces and 24 3/4". At her 12 month appt. (which would be 9 months adjusted for being born 3 months early) she was 14 pounds 6 oz. and 26 1/4".
My baby book says that at 9 months I was 15 pounds and 27 1/4". I don't have Daddy's 9 month stats, but at 6 months he was 17 pounds 9 ounces and 27 3/4" and at 1 year he was 20 pounds 12 oz. and 30 1/4".
At my one year checkup I was pretty much where Michael is now... I was 16pounds 6 oz. and 27 1/2". McKenzie wasn't 16 pounds until she was 18 months! (and that is when she started walking too) So Michael's may be smaller than most 9 month olds, but he's got both of us beat!
**Michael has 7 teeth (so far)
**McKenzie had 0 (she didn't get 1 until 13 months old!)
**Mommy had 7 too (interesting note I just realized - I got my 1st 2 bottom center teeth just BEFORE 4 months old, then the 2nd 2 upper teeth, THEN the middle upper 2 - that must have looked a little funny)
**Daddy got his first tooth at 6 months, that's all the info I have about his teeth.
**Michael is not crawling yet, but gets around everywhere by rolling or doing the army crawl, he is not pulling up yet either
**McKenzie at 9 months actual age had just started sitting up, and wasn't even rolling from her back to front well yet (she hated being on her tummy!) At 9 months adjusted age (12 mo. actual) she was rolling, sitting, STANDING holding onto things, and pushing BACKWARDS on her hands and knees. She didn't do any type of forward crawling until 13 months actual, 10 months adjusted.
**Mommy started crawling at 7 months, pulling up at 7 1/2 months, cruising at 8 1/2 months, walking holding someone's hand at 9 1/2 months and walking alone at 10 1/2 months! Wow!
**Daddy started crawling at 7 1/2 months, cruising at 8 months and walked at 12 months.
Just goes to show you that everyone is different. I know that Michael is developing normally, it's just interesting to see the differences.
I know I still have some updates to make to the blog, but wanted to put this out while I was checking into everything. Right now I'm pretty busy with making mother's day gifts, baby shower invitations for my best friend, playgroups, and of course...the pool. So hopefully after this week, I'll have some time to get the blog caught up. Always hoping to find the time...







0 comments:
Post a Comment